This past weekend my friends and I hosted our first natural hair meet up at my friend’s house. I was super excited to get together to talk about natural hair!!! This was our first one and we will be doing more of these!!! I cant wait to plan the next one. Thank you to all the ladies that came out and showed support. Also, if you are from the Chicago area please send me your email so we can invite you to the next one!!!
Deets: We had a product swap, question and answer session and also a hair demonstration!!! Check out a few pics from the event!!!
Quick video on my transitioning story. Read more about my story in the about me section of my blog. Thanks for watching!
Attention LADIES Do you want a curlbox? Well below is the email I received from curlbox with instructions on getting your hands on your very own curlbox!! GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!
This email brings you GREAT news! We are re-opening our VIP membership and again, telling you exactly when we’re going to do it!
Grab your phone, go into the calendar and set the alarm because on Saturday, September 22nd at 3:00pm EST you can go to shop.curlbox.com and sign up for a monthly subscription to curlbox. The October curlbox will be the first one you will receive and will ship between October 8th and 12th.
Listen to me… Come closer … PLEASE DO NOT delay! Even though this will be our LARGEST expansion to date, you know these subscriptions won’t last long. We fully expect the VIP list will sell out in less than 2 hours. The last two times we opened the list they sold out in less than an hour. If you already have a yearly or monthly membership, no need to do anything.
Now on to the basics:
The October curlbox will ship between October 7th and 12th.
You can cancel your subscription any time by sending a simple email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address, and order number.
Your next payment for the November curlbox will be on October 15th.
Please be advised that when you sign up for the monthly VIP Membership, your credit card will be charged EVERY month. This is the case EVEN if you mark your account to “not remember” your credit card information or delete your credit card info from your account. To cancel send an email to email@example.com.
I’m really excited to welcome even more new members!! I read your emails and see the Facebook posts and tweets and you can’t even imagine how excited I am that you’re so excited to join us! In the meantime, if you have any questions or just want to chat, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Luck ladies!!!! Peace and LOVE!
Happy Hump Day Naturalista’s!!! I wanted to share with you guys my best product finds of August. You guys know that I’m somewhat of a product junkie!!! LOL. products that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I will also do a video for YouTube with the same content.
1. Qhemet Aethiopika Hydrate and Twist Butter– If you have been following my blog you know that I have been raving about this product! That’s why its number one on my list!!! It’s the bomb.com!!!
2. Giovanni Direct Leave In– Got this at the health foods store where I purchased Qhemet. I like this, the only thing I don’t like about it is it does not absorb into my hair all the way. Other than that this stuff is great! moisturizes my hair like NO OTHER!! definitely 2 thumbs up!
3. As I am Coconut Cowash– purchased from Sally’s!! And yessss this stuff right here is the BOMB! I use this for cowashing! Smells amazing and makes my hair very soft!!
4. Palmers Olive Oil Deep conditioner– Got this product in my August CurlBOX and I NEED TO FIND A BIG BOTTLE of this! I have only found sample packs at my local beauty supply! If you know where I can get a big bottle let me know! This stuff makes detangling a breeze, and moisturizes my hair very well! 5 stars from me!
What are your best product finds of August?
It’s that time again!!!! I got my September CurlBOX!!!! I was very excited to get my box in the mail. There were 8 different variations of this months curlbox. Here is what was in my september curlbox:
My box included:
- Full size product: Design Essentials Natural Twist and Setting Lotion
- Ouidad shower comb (full size)
- Eden Bodyworks Peppermint tea tree oil (full size)
- Donna Marie: Dream Curling Creme (sample)
- Ouidad Heat and humidity gel (sample)
- Curly Hair Soltions Curl Keeper (sample)
- Taliah Waajid :Curl Sealer (sample)
My overall thoughts with this box:
I am impressed!!!!!!! Thank You Myleik and Curlbox for continuing to get us great products for the box!!! 🙂 Product reviews and videos coming soon!!!